Wednesday – November 14, 2018
Get On-Site Assistance with FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Oct. 6, 2017
College Goal Wisconsin will sponsor 43 workshops throughout the State of Wisconsin to help potential students and parents fill out FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) forms in October and early November. The session at Milwaukee Area Technical College's Oak Creek Campus was held Oct. 4, but there are many more sessions to be held throughout the area.
Recent studies show that students who complete financial aid forms attend college at nearly twice the rate of those who do not. Those who file in October and November received on average more than twice the funding from federal, state and college sources, according Milwaukee Succeeds.
Bring the following to complete your 2018-19 FAFSA. Potential students who are considered dependents for financial aid purposes should bring these items from their parents:
- 2016 federal tax returns and W2 forms
- 2016 untaxed income records, such as child support or veteran’s non-educational benefits
- Information on savings, investments, business and/or farm assets (if applicable)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Driver’s license (if you have one)
- Social security number
- Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Parents’ date of birth
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce or separation
Attendees will be entered in a contest to win a scholarship. For more information and a schedule of other workshops, visit www.collegegoalwi.org.