Monday – May 20, 2019
Strategic Planning at MATC is a dynamic, collaborative, and continuous process that sets the future direction for the college and ensures the long-term success of our students and our community.
In developing Vision 2020, we reaffirmed our Mission, Vision, and Values—our foundational documents.
- The Vision provides direction and inspiration;
- the Mission states who we are, what we do, and who we serve; and
- our Values are the guiding principles that delineate how things should get done.
Of course, to fulfill our Mission and achieve our Vision, we need a clear roadmap, and that is our Strategic Plan. This Plan presents the overarching Goals that we hope to achieve during the next three years:
- Student Success;
- Workplace Engagement and Innovation;
- Financial and Environmental Sustainability, and
- Partnerships and Community Collaboration.
A Strategic Plan is a living document that will be reviewed annually as part of our continuous improvement cycle. Strategies we use to achieve our goals will be measured and adjusted as needed.
Of course, now that the Strategic Plan is done, the real work begins. Divisions, Schools, Programs, Departments, Core Committees and individuals will align their activities with our Institutional Goals to ensure we are all heading in the same direction: to be THE premier comprehensive technical college that provides excellence in education to enrich, empower, and transform lives.