Sunday – April 22, 2018
Applications for three positions on the Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) District Board must be residents of the District and meet other necessary qualifications as set forth below.
With three-year terms expiring June 30, 2021, the following is a synopsis of the qualifications needed for the three appointments based on state statutes and MATC's District Plan of Representation as approved on March 7, 2017.
- Two Employers
- Both Employers must employ 100 or more employees.
- One Employer must be a manufacturer.
- One Additional Member.
- One (1) must be a minority and reside in the City of Milwaukee.
- Two (2) must reside in Milwaukee County.
- One (1) must be a woman.
An “Employer” is defined as a business entity operated for profit, a nonprofit organization that provides health care services, a credit union or cooperative association. A person representing an employer must have at least 2 years of experience managing the finances or the hiring of personnel of a business entity, nonprofit organization, credit union, or cooperative association with at least 100 employees.
Individuals who reside in the MATC District are eligible to serve as an Additional Member.
About the MATC District Board of Directors
The governing board of the Milwaukee Area Technical College District is made up of nine appointed members from geographical areas within the Milwaukee Area Technical College District. Members include:
- Five Persons Representing Employers:
- Three of these members shall represent employers with 15 or more employees
- Two of these members shall represent employers with 100 or more employees
- Two of these members shall represent employers that are manufacturers
- One member must be an Elected Official;
- One member must be a School District Administrator (not considered for gender purposes);
- Two Additional Members;
- At least three members must be women;
- At least three members must be minority;
- Two of the three minority members must reside in the City of Milwaukee
- Seven of the nine members must reside in Milwaukee County.
All candidates must meet four eligibility requirements for Wisconsin Technical College board membership. They must:
- Be residents of or employed in the WTCS district in which they are apply for membership.
- Submit a properly completed application/affidavit to the district board appointment committee within 14 days of publication of the Announcement of Intent.
- Attend a district board appointment committee public hearing in person and be interviewed.
- Have at least two letters of reference submitted supporting their candidacy.
Plan of Representation for Appointment of Board Members
Equal consideration is given to the general population distribution within the district and the distribution of women and minorities within the District. In addition, the plan must give equal consideration to the distribution of minorities within the City of Milwaukee.
At least two of the members from the City of Milwaukee must be minorities with a least three minority members overall; at least three members must be women and at least three members must be men, in each case excluding the school district administrator.
Note: All candidates are eligible to apply for and be considered in the Additional Member category.